Thank you for using Park! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information that’s shared with us helps us to provide a great experience with Park. We have a dedicated privacy team that’s committed to protecting all the personal information we collect and help ensure that personal information is handled properly worldwide.
1.2 Data Controller
- If your country of residence is the United States, the Data Controller is Park, Inc.
- If your country of residence is Japan, the Data Controller is Park Global Services Limited (“Park GSL”), except where you book a Host Service located outside of Japan or create a Listing located outside of Japan, in which case the Data Controller is Park Ireland for that transaction. Additionally, if you reside in Japan, Park Ireland will be the Data Controller for all bookings confirmed prior to June 13, 2018 at 3PM UTC.
1.3 Applicability to Payments
- If your country of residence is the United States, the Payments Data Controller is Park Payments, Inc. (a subsidiary of Park, Inc.).
- If your country of residence is India, the Payments Data Controller is Park Payments India, except in the following circumstances: - if you book a Host Service located outside of India; - if you create a Listing outside of India, in which case, the Payments Data Controller is Park Payments UK. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this clause, if you create a Listing in India, and: - accept a booking from a Guest who is a resident of India, regardless of your country of residence, the Payments Data Controller is Park Payments India; or - accept a booking from a Guest who is not a resident of India, regardless of your country of residence, the Payments Data Controller is Park Payments UK.
- If your country of residence is Australia, the Payments Data Controller is Park Payments UK, except if you book a Host Service located in or outside of Australia, which is confirmed after January 9, 2019 at 1:00 AM UTC, in which case, the Payments Data Controller is Park Payments Australia Pty. Ltd. (“Park Payments Australia”) for that transaction.
- If your country of residence is in the European Union, the Payment Data Controller is Park Payments UK. On or after March 25, 2019, any change of the Payment Data Controller to Park Payments Luxembourg S.A., if any, will be notified to you at the time of checkout or by other appropriate means.
- If your country of residence is outside of the United States, China, India and Australia, the Payments Data Controller is Park Payments UK.
If you change your country of residence, the Data Controller and/or Payments Data Controller will be determined by your new country of residence as specified above, from the date on which your country of residence changes. To this end the Data Controller and/or Payment Data Controller that originally collected your personal information will need to transfer such personal information to the new applicable Data Controller and/or Payments Data Controller due to the fact that such transfer is necessary for the performance of the contractual relationship with you.
Please see the Contact Us section below for contact details of the Data Controllers and Payments Data Controllers.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
2.1 Information You Give to Us.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the Park Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Park Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
Account Information.When you sign up for an Park Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
Profile and Listing Information.To use certain features of the Park Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
Identity Verification Information.To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information. To learn more, see our Help Center article about providing identification on Park.
Payment InformationTo use certain features of the Park Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Park Payments).
Communications with Park and other Members.When you communicate with Park or use the Park Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Park Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.